Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Year Later...

About a year ago I embarked on a journey to redesign the classroom. I applied for a grant through the ISEA and below in the previous posts you can read about my visits to other schools.  This term I have had some new furniture and the students have gotten used to a more 'flexible' environment. Below are some photos:


Year 10 working on research - students chose a genre or author or text type then created focus questions and chose how to present the work.
Year 10 at work 

Presentation to the class

Working online
Mobile presentation

The Year 11 class below are doing Creative Writing. They chose where to sit and what to write with:
Handwriting - soft seating

Choosing to sit at tables - hand write and computer

Choosing to sit in soft seating - computers/pen & paper

Students working in OneNote


2 comments:

  1. It is great to see the different design being used effectively by students. I assume the tasks are just as flexible as the furniture. Are you happy to share the kinds of tasks (and how you managed them/set them up) in a future blog? Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt, Yes I my next post will include a unit plan of work I have done with my Year 10 English class. This will hopefully show the flexibility of the learning taking place.

    ReplyDelete